Bruyn Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bruyn Racing

A forum where fellow Bruyn members can get together and chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispychickin_23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
Crispychickin_23

Civic Championship day 1.  Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?   Civic Championship day 1.  Thoughts? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 am

So I'm not the greatest at this, but I really like the idea of this forum and would really enjoy seeing some conversation and get to know some of the club members that I may not know so well. So this is an attempt at starting conversation Smile

Whats your thoughts on Civic raceday 1? I saw on the blog that some people have begun some practicing and I saw somebody has a lap time of 1:40.6 on Motegi. Although we all know its going to be about consistency! (be sure to take your benefiber every day!)

Also what do you think of maybe holding qualifications? That way the starting grid is sorted out and there should be less chance of accidental accidents. Just a half formed idea that I thought I would spit out.

You guys can also feel free to talk about how amazing and awesome I am! Smile Since, well... I am!
Back to top Go down
A Volvo Driver

A Volvo Driver

PostSubject: Re: Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?   Civic Championship day 1.  Thoughts? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:52 am

Qualification IS a great idea, but can we manually set the grid order in the game? Otherwise, we could set it up to be with highest points from the two 'sprint' races gets poll in the main event?

It would be a great feature to be able to set a qualifying lap in an online race Smile

... I'm consistently in the 1:41's, but I reckon I can get it down to the 1:40's

Last edited by A Volvo Driver on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coz)
Back to top Go down
Crispychickin_23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
Crispychickin_23

PostSubject: Re: Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?   Civic Championship day 1.  Thoughts? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 pm

well you definitely got me beat, at least right now. Im running consistent 1:42's with the occasional 1:41. But I still got a couple days to practice. That civic was freaking me out by its handling characteristics until I realized that it has the rear wheel drive conversion.
Back to top Go down
A Volvo Driver

A Volvo Driver

PostSubject: Re: Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?   Civic Championship day 1.  Thoughts? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Great race guys, congrats to Boonie for a well deserved win!

Despite all of the shit talking (mostly my me), the even was ran in the right spirit. It was a shame that Eerie's internet shat itself.
Back to top Go down
Jelly Muffin
Leader
Leader
Jelly Muffin

PostSubject: Re: Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?   Civic Championship day 1.  Thoughts? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:36 am

Yeah great racing guys. Done in great spirit with some nice clean race.
Crispy you 2nd driver should be good for round 2. Got a message from him to say
he had a late nite and slept in (oops!)

anyway, might recommend you folks getting some good communication going with your team mates.
These Team Red guys look like they may be hard to beat Smile
Back to top Go down
http://craigbruyn.blogspot.com.au/
Nickalator
Developer
Developer
Nickalator

PostSubject: Re: Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?   Civic Championship day 1.  Thoughts? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:26 am

Really enjoyed the race today. Wasn't able to keep the car from slipping and sliding, but nonetheless I still had a blast. Also was rather surprised by the amount of collisions. I think I was a part of the only crash when I slid into Jelly, but even that was a gentle nudge. Keep it up guys! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?   Civic Championship day 1.  Thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Civic Championship day 1. Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1